Luis J. Villanueva-Rivera, Ph.D.
I was born and raised in the San Juan metro area, Puerto Rico. Currently, I work as the Biodiversity Data Manager for the Map of Life Project at Yale University.
- 2015. Doctor of Philosophy – Quantitative Ecology. Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University. West Lafayette, Indiana.
- 2006. Master of Science – Tropical Ecology. Department of Biology. University of Puerto Rico. Río Piedras Campus. Puerto Rico.
- 1998. Bachelor of Science – Biology. Department of Biology and Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program. University of Puerto Rico. Río Piedras Campus. Puerto Rico.
My professional interests include:
- Soundscape ecology
- Anuran biology and ecology
- Ecological Informatics
- Biodiversity databases
- Web-based ecological applications
- Communities and populations
- University-level education in the STEM fields
- Public understanding of science
This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.
Google Talk: email@example.com