I was born and raised in the San Juan metro area, Puerto Rico. Currently, I work as the Biodiversity Data Manager for the Map of Life Project at Yale University.
- 2015. Doctor of Philosophy – Quantitative Ecology. Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University. West Lafayette, Indiana.
- 2006. Master of Science – Tropical Ecology. Department of Biology. University of Puerto Rico. Río Piedras Campus. Puerto Rico.
- 1998. Bachelor of Science – Biology. Department of Biology and Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program. University of Puerto Rico. Río Piedras Campus. Puerto Rico.
My professional interests include:
- Soundscape ecology
- Anuran biology and ecology
- Ecological Informatics
- Biodiversity databases
- Web-based ecological applications
- Communities and populations
- University-level education in the STEM fields
- Public understanding of science
This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.
You can follow me on Twitter (in Spanish and English) or visit my personal blog (in Spanish). I contribute to Wikipedia in English and Spanish and started contributing to the Encyclopedia of Life as a curator. I recently started using git, you can find my public repo at Github.
Note: There is an outage at Dreamhost and I am currently without access to this email since June 26, 2016. Please write to email@example.com while I switch providers. Thanks!
Google Talk: firstname.lastname@example.org